Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Colours

"Ye sleeping buds, break
Open your green cerements, and wake
To fragrant blossoming for His sweet sake."
              ~Margaret French Patton

   There is something about Easter that demands colour to me. Brightly coloured baskets filled with foiled eggs. The playful pink of a rabbit's ears. Every shade of blossom that can bud on the trees. Sweet tulips drooping their graceful heads. Easter is a remembering time, a time of new life and new possibility. The beauty of spring awakening out of the cold winter earth, like our spirit awakens with the understanding that one whose face we've never seen loved us with a strength to defy all earthly powers. I feel like the sun shines brightest on Easter. 
   This year my sister, whose love for colour is a year round affair, leant me a few beautiful pieces from her antique teacup collection. I made the little nest myself and of course there is always an abundance of pink flowers in my house! I hope you all have a lovely Easter! 












3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennelise, Beautiful colors and vignettes for Easter. Love the Victorian Easter images and your tea cups are breathtaking!
    Have a blessed Easter weekend,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindas louças antigas, amei as imagens.
    Tenha um lindo fim de semana de Páscoa.
    Beijos
    Casa Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your words,
    "The beauty of spring awakening out of the cold winter earth, like our spirit awakens with the understanding that one whose face we've never seen loved us with a strength to defy all earthly powers. "
    Thank you, Jesus, for new life in You!
    Blessings, Audrey

    ReplyDelete