Tuesday, June 19, 2012

La Bonne Vie

"You have exactly one life in
which to do everything you'll
ever do. Act accordingly."
                 ~Colin Wright

    Sometimes the bustle of everyday makes me feel very low and I need a pick me up! Simple things can refresh my spirit: a piece of chocolate cake, a good movie, a beautiful saying, a half hour in the sunshine - just little things but they make the world of difference to me. Beautiful pictures - whether they are photos are artwork - can turn my mood right around! It is no secret that I love pretty things. Seeing a great collection of pretty things in photographs is like a giant piece of chocolate cake! Instant happiness! This is why I love blogs so much - because there is so much to be seen and enjoyed. My newest favourite is a tumblr blog called La Bonne Vie. You will have to see it to believe it - so many lovely things!! Here are a few of my very favourites...









































12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful post- So much beauty in each picture...from the dress to the cake...just gorgeous- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo much prettiness, it's impossible not to smile.

    Although now I have a craving for chocolate cake ;-)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry :) I ALWAYS have a craving for chocolate cake!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jennelise; popping up when I can, to say thanks for again sharing such lovely, tranquil and pleasing images; you definitely have the eye for the prettiest of things. I want to open the door defined by the rose-imbedded, glass knob...and find the pink settee in the next room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jennelise: Ooolala . . . I accidentally stumbled upon your blog when I was surfing all over the place. And I was like, "OMG! There's another one out there just like me - who loves roses and all things romantic". I was beginning to feel a little lonely, wondering where all the romantiques were. Your photos are amazing! YOU are amazing, what with staging all your pretties just so. Your artwork is stunningly beautiful. You are so fortunate to be so gifted with drawing tools. And your cute little quotes and personal thoughts which you share with your "fans". You have made my day. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine! Thankyou so much for your lovely words! I am DEFINITELY a romantic! I feel a little lonely where I live too - I seem to be the only old-fashioned, rose-loving, french obsessed girl around! (With the exception of my Mother :). Thankyou so much for stopping by!
      Jennelise

      Delete
  5. What a delight for our eyes, each picture give me so much joy so see the beauty we have around us if we have the time to appreciate each one of them. La Bonne Vie est vraiment superbe chez vous.
    Sylvie a Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jen!! I agree!!!! With such lovely images and inspiring quotes, this is one of my favorites too!! It is so your style and I'm sure makes you heart happy...just as your blog does mine!
    Enjoy a beautiful week-end, Valorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your post very much! LOVED the stairs, the umbrella....it goes on and on. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennelise, I am swooning! Fabulous blog, (just like yours!). I will definitely be checking it out. Thanks so much for sharing, you know what we like!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete