Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn Beauty

"The trees are in their autumn beauty,
The woodland paths are dry,
Under the October twilight the water
Mirrors a still sky."
             ~William Butler Yeats

   I wanted to post sooner but I could never find enough time this weekend to sit and finish! It's October and the air is starting to get a bite to it - yesterday was the first day cool enough I needed a sweater and a jacket in the evening. The leaves are falling on our street in curtains when there is a breeze and our driveway is covered. It is very beautiful and I hope it lasts through the rest of October because I'm not ready for Winter to come this year. Here are some Fall photos my sister and I took - I hope you like them...




















                                                    Drawing by Jennelise

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your sisters hair! Isn't fall wonderful? I just love that crisp feeling in the air! But I'm really not looking forward to winter either. Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whimsical, lovely fall photo's!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following your blog> I just love peony!

    Come and visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings are gorgeous and so are your photos. Your sister's photos are wonderful. Wherever did you get that fabulous lace umbrella? The black witht the yellow of the leaves is just fabulous. Really gorgeous and unique fall photos. Definitely going to have to blow some up on canvas and give them to her - it is really reasonable at Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The umbrella is my sister's - I'm not sure where she got it. :) I will tell her how much everyone liked the photos and see if she remembers where it came from. Thankyou for your kind words!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete